Monday 15 February 2010

The way to every girl's heart: Spring/Summer shoes!

Call me a cliche, but I just can't get enough SHOES! 2010 has so much to offer in the way of footwear and I have been paying close attention.


Seeing as I'm 5ft4 I'm becoming obsessed with heels heels heels, but I also like to be comfortable, luckily fashion is on my side - yes ladies, clogs are back. Dig out your mid-nineties gems and stick Clueless in the DVD player because this nostalgia isn't going away anytime soon. If Chanel are doing them and Alexa Chung's wearing them, I'm convinced. However if you haven't got £470 to spare; you can pick yourself up a more affordable pair on the highstreet at Kurt Geiger, or check out retro label Swedish Hasbeens http://www.swedishhasbeens.com/.

Chanel Spring/Summer 2010

Alexa Chung in Chanel clogs
Kurt Geiger, £140
Kurt Geiger, £140
Kurt Geiger, £140Swedish Hasbeens, £132
Swedish Hasbeens, £140
Another footwear trend I could really get into is courts, and before you moan about how boring they are, you haven't seen Spring/Summer 2010's take on them yet. At Louise Goldin they were wearing them with cute little socks that made for a very chic, put-together look. And, like a dream come true, Louise Goldin's studded beauties will be hitting Topshop stores sometime soon (rumoured to be priced at around £150) so keep your eyes peeled. (I can't wait for these!!)

Louise Goldin Spring/Summer 2010

Louise Goldin for Topshop
My absolute favourite shoes this season without a doubt are those at Gucci and Burberry, if for nothing else than pure sex appeal. Fuck feminism and fuck comfort; nothing is sexier than a high high heel and it doesn't get much better than the strappy sandal skyscrapers with socks seen on both of these catwalks. Sadly though I'm finding it hard to find a good high street equivalent and I don't have the £600 - £700 necessary to procure the real deal.
Gucci, £640
Gucci, £550
Gucci, £720Gucci, £630
Burberry Spring/Summer 2010

I did find these ones at Topshop that I think kind of combine both this and the clog trend because of how chunky the soles are.
Topshop, £75
And finally, a trend that I'm still kind of on the fence about is wedges. I've never been really convinced by them as they just seem awkward and clumpy to me but I have to admit, once I saw Mary-Kate Olsen wearing Stella McCartney's wooden and patent ones on the cover of the September 2008 issue of Elle (below) I was slightly won over. Team that with Alexander Wang doing them in leopard print for his Spring/Summer 2010 show and you can count me in. A recent convert, I am still tentative to try this trend out but I have seen some nice high street offerings from http://www.topshop.com/ that might just swing it.

Stella McCartney Spring/Summer 2009Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2010
Erdem Spring/Summer 2010
Now I just have to find room for more shoes in my wardrobe..
More soon.

All catwalk photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment