Saturday 9 June 2012

Reminiscing



Having just celebrated my first wedding anniversary I am feeling slightly nostalgic for the day itself.

Not one for large weddings or being the centre of attention I opted for a more intimate ceremony in the beautiful Islington Town Hall surrounded only by immediate family and my husband's best man (my sister served as my maid of honour). I chose a knee-length Richard Nicoll shift with sheer sleeves and some tongue-in-cheek Vivienne Westwood heart shoes and a white peony bouquet. 

Brides-to-be can also now get my wedding look at Topshop as Richard Nicoll has designed a seven dress collection for the high street chain...


We later enjoyed a lovely meal on the roof at The Boundary hotel - the perks of a June 1st wedding in the beautiful sunshine!

The night ended with around 30 of our closest friends joining us for champagne reception and tower of hummingbird cupcakes in our Brick Lane penthouse (here's a picture of a miniature version we enjoyed at the meal).


Our lovely friend George Craig very sweetly made a video of the night full of our friends' pretty faces and footage he'd taken of us months before!

 

For our first anniversary my husband took me on a date to the Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate Modern and then for some wonderful food at The Rivington and later a bottle of champagne we had saved from the big day. So far so perfect. I feel like a very lucky lady.




Never one for a traditional wedding dress, if I were to renew my vows I'd love to wear this Stella McCartney silk jumpsuit. Hell, I might renew my vows because of this gorgeous jumpsuit..

Citrus-print silk jumpsuit by Stella McCartney
Available on theoutnet.com

xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. That video is the cutest thing ever. Id love someone to be that thoughtful on my day!x

    ReplyDelete