Tuesday 11 September 2012

NYFW: Alexander Wang

Even though it was more of the same I did really like Alexander Wang. It's very much my aesthetic. That deconstructed, monochrome, androgynous cool he does so well.

I know Wang favours a sporty girl but I'm not sure how I feel about the baggy knee-length shorts.. The only nod to the fact that this collection is in fact different from any other season is that it was slightly more futuristic, particularly the glow-in-the-dark finale and uber-cool metallic strip partings.

Not too exciting but if it ain't broke I guess why bother to show something new?

Maybe I'm being swayed by the current AW12 penchant for head-to-toe white but I seem to have been quite narrow in my choice of favourite looks:


I can't fault him, I so adore the shirts..





Liberty Ross is my fucking hero!!! MAJOR moment..!







The shoe straps around the calves are kind of great too, I like that they run all the way up the back of the leg..


Photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment