Friday 16 March 2012

Nails - Your Best Accessory

If you follow me on twitter you'll know I have a small penchant for nail art. There is nothing better or more relaxing than the pure indulgent feeling of a good manicure and I thoroughly enjoy spending my Sunday afternoons trying out new styles on my own digits. I find that nail art is an undeniably quick and cost-effective way to dip a tentative toe into the season's trends without committing to a full look. Here is a little catch up of some of the more fun, tongue-in-cheek styles I've been painstakingly experimenting with over the last few months..

My personal favourite, I found inspiration in my Christopher Kane galaxy t-shirt for some fantastically ostentatious nails:

Having spent a good portion of my childhood in the good old U S of A, I like to make a bit of effort for July 4th:

The festive season called for something glittery with a hint of red, plus I'm a big fan of experimenting with a modern twist on retro half-moons:

During those long winter months in London when it felt like you'd never see sunshine again, I painted my own blue skies to keep me smiling:

A little something to get you in the mood for Spring with a few cheeky ladybirds:

Regrettably, I couldn't quite commit to those AW11 Dries Van Noten snakeskin boots:

Something tropical for Spring/Summer:

Something a bit more subtle - an edgy take on french tips:

My new obsession for the coming season is this divine fuchsia and red colour combination, as seen at Thakoon AW12:

More soon.

1 comment:

  1. i love all these designs especially the pink and orange half moon! x

    ReplyDelete